19 February 2017

Curacao Ostrich Farm

 
 Hey there and welcome back to part II of our adventures in Curacao. Well today's in adventure we will be discussing Curacao Ostrich Farm. This place is unlike any other as the place has a type of safari feel to it. Regardless of that, this outing was quite interesting.
 
 On the farm, one has the ability to get on a jeep and ride through the area where the ostriches are roaming free (and yes they do come up to you, so be careful!!). Aside from this, you have the opportunity to ride an ostrich, yes you heard me, ride an ostrich. For all of you brave souls who are willing to indulge in such an experience please be my guest, but for me, after hearing that an ostrich can run up to 43 mph and its kick can kill a grown human, I will sit it out, no thank you!!!
       Although those are quite interesting facts, another cool thing about ostriches is that their eggs are extremely tough and can withstand the weight of a grown human and you are offered the opportunity to stand on one and test it out yourself just for the fun of it so why not. This farm also has a restaurant on site, which allows you to try ostrich steak and omelets which, from what I am told, is not served at  very many places. With all that being said, there are many other activities like riding a quad or visiting the gift shop that can be done at this place, so why not make it an outing for the family, as I am sure they would love it, but until next time keep cool, stay safe and be awesome!!!!

                                          (Yes this is the ostrich egg that I am standing on)

10 comments:

  1. Wow those eggs are really strong hmmmm I wonder what an ostrich egg would taste like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, but you are welcome to try and let me know what it tastes like. LOL, curry ostrich would be a very interesting dish

      Delete
  2. Well my friend an adventure awaits you in Curacao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow didn't know they were that strong. Looks like somewhere nice to visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that either, but I would recommend people to visit

      Delete
  4. An experience I'll definitely love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely enjoyed myself so I don't doubt that you would too!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know right,it truly is an awesome place to visit.

      Delete